Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Shamefully stolen from DailyHowler.com:

HANNITY (8/10/04): One thing we do know is John Kerry admitted that, quote, “I committed atrocities.” He said that. He admitted he burned villages. Let’s take a look at one of the tapes where he did this.

KERRY (videotape, 1971): I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones. I did take part in harassment and interdiction fire. I did take part in search and destroy missions, in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground. And all of these, I find out later on, these acts are contrary to the Hague and Geneva conventions and to the laws of warfare. So in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the application of the Nuremberg principles is, in fact, guilty.

HANNITY: All right. Mr. Johnson, let me ask you this question. He admits—quote, his quote, “I committed atrocities.” He said, “I burned villages.” Here's the point. He made Vietnam an issue in this campaign. Should we pursue answers to the questions of what atrocities he committed, why did he burn down villages?
Disgusting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home