Sunday, April 18, 2004

This segment from Bush's press conference has been making the rounds for a week now but I thought I'd post it here anyway:

QUESTION: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9-11 commission...

BUSH: ... And, secondly, because the 9-11 commission wants to ask us questions, that's why we're meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE) I was asking why you're appearing together, rather than separately, which was their request.

BUSH: Because it's a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9-11 commission is looking forward to asking us. And I'm looking forward to answering them.

Let's see. Hold on for a minute. Let's see. Oh, Jim... I've got some must-calls, I'm sorry.


I'm voting for Kerry. America needs a President that can duck questions more gracefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home