Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Annoying things about blogs:

1. Analyses of the role of blogs vis a vis the public, the mainstream media, the politicians, and the effect they have on the public discourse. If the author is a blogger, the answer most typically will be that blogs are the best thing that ever
happened to this country. If the author is a journalist, he will wonder about the objectivity of weblogs and ask whether its healthy to view politics through such a narrow prism.

Enough already!

2. Apologies for not posting, people ending their blogs because they cannot handle posting rarely. The main thing that bloggers seem to do, as far as I can see, is apologize for lack of posts. Please. If I decide that I have nothing worthwhile to say for the next year, I see nothing to apologize for. And I see no reason why anyone would expect regular commentary from me. Or a notice that I won't be writing.

6 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger ainge lotusland said...

but what about journalists who blog?

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger alex said...

then you express cautious optimism

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so are you saying my posts about blogging suck?

-a

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger alex said...

If I thought this, would you be the first on my list of permalinks?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger ainge lotusland said...

it could be the cause of peer pressure

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger ainge lotusland said...

er, because of peer pressure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home