Tuesday, May 04, 2004

This is the first post in a while -- I had to take a break from blogging in the last week. First, finals, then a three-day road trip from the south to the northeast.

Is it just me or do people in the south drive a lot faster than in the northeast? My car is an ageing '96 camry that begins to wiggle uncomfortably when the speed approaches 80 mph; I go 75 most days. Cars kept passing me at an uncomfortable rate in the south but in the northeast I fit in just fine.

I've graduated! B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Electrical Engineering. I feel fairly comfortable as a mathematician. In electrical engineering...well...despite a B.S. from one of the top engineering schools in the US, I feel pretty uncomfortable in the topic. Like a fish out of water. It scares me to think that companies would hire me to build actual working devices based on my education.

Next: graduate school. In electrical engineering. At least its not work in the industry, which scares me. The work I will be doing will be really, really theoretical, which makes me feel comfortable. It could easily pass for math as far as most mathematicians are concerned. On the other hand, its in an area I do not have much experience with and I'll have to do a lot of learning. What if I don't have the talent for this stuff? Scary thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home