Saturday, May 29, 2004

Movie villains seems to like the dark. Their lairs, where they conceive of plans for world domination, tend to be very poorly illuminated.

I recently saw The Sum of All Fears, a movie that depicts the explosion of an atomic bomb by terrorists in Baltimore progressively escalating into full nuclear conflict beween the US and Russia. One thing that struck is the difference between the well-lighted Air Force One,



where the American president did his thinking, and the dark messy hive in Moscow



where the Russian president made his decisions.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your images are not working.

read this! gaffes depress me more than they amuse me, which is too bad cos if they amused me id be perpetually amused.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger alex said...

hmmm, they work fine on my computer, i can't figure out why they don't work on others. i'll try to fix it on monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home